It’s been a while since I’ve posted here so… hi again. I’ve kind of fallen out of love with writing and well, life has been more chaotic than ever.
I thought I’d ease myself back into blogging with something a bit simple to write. So, I thought I’d share a few things about myself that readers of this blog might not already know.
- I studied History & Philosophy at university. I got a degree and I’m still not sure how it happened. I was the first in my family to go to university and my time there was filled with mental breakdowns. But I made it through and now I don’t remember anything I learnt!
- One of the things that always makes me feel a bit more alive is going to gigs. My favourite live acts that I’ve seen are The Cure, The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Reverend & the Makers and Frank Turner.
- I love going on city breaks and seeing sights and behaving like a typical tourist.
- I feel guilty every time I spend money on myself – I think it comes from growing up poor.
- Since leaving university, I have only worked in charities and I cannot imagine working in any other sector. The openness and flexibility suits me. The low salaries aren’t so great.
- I watch a lot of YouTube, my current favourites are Melanie Murphy, Hannah Witton, dodie, Rose and Rosie and Grace Victory.
- I read a lot – I’m always looking for book recommendations (leave some in the comments!)
- I’m kind of obsessed with pandas. I forget sometimes until someone sees my bedroom who hasn’t before and is confused by the cuddly pandas all over the place.
- I’m half Irish, my Dad was born and raised in County Mayo. I visited his home as a child, all I remember is it being very pretty and not liking the food my aunt cooked. I’d love to go back to Ireland and explore.
- I binge watch tv shows, I’ve got to a point where I actually hate watching one episode of something.
- I have a 2 year old niece who makes me incredibly happy. But, she has also reinforced the fact that I do not want children. They are such hard work.
- It wasn’t until the age of 22 that I properly started wearing make up, I’m still learning about it – why are there so many options?! Honestly, I admire anyone who knows what they are doing with make up.
- My favourite perfume is Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet. I’d always wanted to buy a perfume but could never justify the expense, my best friends bought me a bottle last year and I love it.
- Gin is my go to alcoholic drink – Hendricks and Millers are all time favourites.
- I also love Real Ale – pales are my favourite, bonus points if they’re really hoppy.
- I have 2 tattoos – a semi colon and an open book, I want more. So many more.
- Favourite tv shows of all time are probably One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls.
- I no longer feel that ‘guilty pleasures’ should be a thing. Nobody should be made to feel guilty for something they enjoy because it’s labelled as ‘bad’ by some people
- I work as a volunteer coordinator which means I recruit and train and work with volunteers. When I graduated, this is the career I set out for but of course now that I have it, I’m not sure what to do next.
- One of my jobs also allows me to develop and facilitate mental health recovery based groups. I get a lot of feedback about how confident I am doing this – it’s always good to know that the anxiety can be hidden well.
- As much as I love writing, I’m kind of struggling with writing for this blog at the moment. I’m not happy with anything I write and it’s stressing me out a bit. I don’t know whether to continue with it or not. If there’s anything you’d like to see on here, please let me know.
Share something about yourself in the comments, I want to get to know you all better!